Saturday, October 31, 2015

Bragging on my husband and son...

I have an amazing family.  Scott will say some of the funniest and sweetest things, and Jared is just the most amazing partner a girl could ask for.

So, once a week, in order to preserve the wonderful memories we share, I'm gonna start posting the great things they've done or said.  For one, these are beautiful things I don't ever want to forget.  For two, I want them to one day understand how much I really do love and appreciate all that they do.

So, here goes...

  • Monday, I was really under the weather.  I remarked to Scott that I felt completely miserable, and could he just tone it down a little for me - he responded "I feel miserable when I'm with you, too."  Thanks, kid.  I sent him to his room.  An hour or so later, he emerged, gave me a huge hug, and said he was sorry about what he'd said earlier.  I appreciate that we've taught him to reflect on his actions and that he does strive to be a kind person.
  • I've been really sick this past week, and Jared has done amazing things to help me, but the sweetest things are when he asks how Lela is, and then pats and kisses my stomach and talks to her.  I can't wait for this perfect little girl to get here!
  • Wednesday, I was taking a nap.  Still getting over my cold, I had a coughing fit.  Scott came in and said "hey mom, I have something that will make you feel better!"  He then gave me a big hug...and then threw Hall's throat lozenges in my face.
  • When asked who he wanted to go see the Peanuts movie with (last time, he saw Minions with his dad and Pipa), Scott remarked that he should see it with me, because a year ago, I showed him It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown for the first time.
  • Thursday night, before bed, Scott gave me a hug and a kiss, and then hugged my stomach and kissed it for Lela, then he turned to his dad and gave him a hug and kiss, followed by hugging and kissing his stomach "for all the food in there."
  • When I was a baby, I had a Precious Moments blanket that was gifted to my mom, and that I held on to for a pretty big part of my childhood. I loved that blanket.
    When Scott was born, we passed the blanket on to him. He loved it, too. He snuggled it, he played with it....and as he teethed, he chewed on it and utterly destroyed it. But for at least the first 3 years of his life, he held it near and dear. Even now, he'll still snuggle it sometimes.
    Well, unbeknownst to me, for the last several months, my amazing husband has been trying to find a replacement for the blanket, so that Lela could also enjoy the same blanket, though my original baby one is practically destroyed. And a few weeks ago, he found it. SistersGifts107 on Etsy had it....and he ordered it, so in just a few short weeks, our baby daughter will get to have the same blanket her big brother and her mama shared.
    Not gonna lie, I ugly cried when the box came in yesterday and Jared pulled the blanket out.
    I won the husband lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment