Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Recipe - Chicken Dressing Casserole

My husband loves Stove-Top Stuffing.  I had never even eaten it until we had been married at least 2 years - my mom always made dressing from scratch - though, if I'm being honest, I've never really cared for it.  She makes a cornbread dressing that's chock-full of celery - which is basically my least favorite thing in the whole world.

Anyway, Jared could eat STS by the box.  Heck, he has.  Sometimes, that's just what he wants for dinner.  So when I discovered a recipe that combined chicken, cheese, a few other tasty things, and, of course, his beloved Stove-Top Stuffing, I knew I had to try it.

This recipe is insanely easy, tasty, filling, and already a hit in our household - even my fairly picky 6 year old ate a whole plate!


You will need:

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 6 slices of cheese (I used jalapeno Havarti)
  • 1 can of condensed cream of XXX soup (I used chicken this time, but just about any would work!)
  • 1/4 c milk
  • 1 box Stove Top Stuffing (you'll only use about half of the box)
  • 1/4 c butter, melted
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
  2. Place chicken in the bottom of the dish.
  3. Top with cheese.
  4. In a medium bowl, mix the soup and milk.
  5. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken/cheese.
  6. Top with about half the box of Stove-Top Stuffing.
  7. Drizzle the melted butter on top of the stuffing.
  8. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
  9. Serve with rice or noodles.
See?  Super easy.  And surprisingly really good.  I served it with some Zatarain's garlic rice and some cranberry sauce and it was delightful.  I'm planning on changing it up a little with Thanksgiving leftovers later this month - turkey in place of chicken, gravy in place of soup, homemade dressing.  It will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment